Shop online! Now offering delivery and shipping options!
February 03, 2022
Location: Route 19 Brewing, 16030 Central Avenue, Inverness Nova Scotia
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Casual
Starting: Spring 2022
If required, nearby accommodations may be available for rent
We are seeking bartenders to join our brew crew! The ideal candidate will provide our guests with timely, personalized and friendly food and beverage service while following the policies and procedures of the company to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction.
· Learn and maintain knowledge of food and beverage menus.
· Table service for guests (taking orders, answering menu and beverage inquiries, explaining daily features, placing orders with kitchen).
· Ability to maintain sense of urgency and keep momentum. · Sales ability. · Collaborate closely with other staff members.
· Handling guest concerns with the support of the manager or supervisor on duty. · Accommodating and willing to go the extra mile.
· Prepare alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages for both bar and restaurant patrons using knowledge of mixing and garnishing.
· Interact with customer needs and preferences and make recommendations. · Restock and replenish bar inventory and supplies.
· Check customer identification and confirm it meets legal drinking age.
· Ensure that overall cleanliness and maintenance of the bar exceeds expectations.
· Provide excellent customer service by taking orders, preparing them efficiently and building a rapport with clientele.
· Handle card and cash transactions, ensuring that all funds in the cash drawer are accounted for by the end of the shift.
· Keep an eye on patron intoxication levels and respond appropriately.
· Identify belligerent customers, and work with management when needed to maintain a safe environment.
· Clean the bar and the surrounding area of spills and other messes as needed.
· Other duties as requested.
EXPERIENCE & KEY ATTRIBUTES
· Team player with excellent time management skills (organization, goal setting, communication, planning and stress management).
· High level of self-confidence and pride in style and personal appearance. · Be enthusiastic, outgoing, positive and upbeat.
· Advanced product knowledge of Route 19 craft beverages.
· Remains calm under pressure.
· Excellent verbal communication.
· Desire to be part of a team and contribute as such.
· Sincere desire to please others and do a great job.
· Product knowledge of all food, wines, liquors, etc.
· Must be of legal age of 19 to serve alcohol in Nova Scotia
· Serve Right certification required.
· Previous experience of bartending an asset.
· Knowledge of Point of Sale System an asset.
· A Degree or Diploma in Hotel/Hospitality or Tourism an asset.
· Ability to spend long hours walking and standing
· Knowledge of a second language an asset.
· Stock management and computer literacy.
· Must have well defined knowledge of classic cocktails and techniques.
· Ability to work flexible hours such as weekends and evenings.
Please contact email@example.com if interested.